See & Do
Daffodil Acres is located right next to the 202-kilometre-long Rideau Canal, a UNESCO world heritage Site linking Kingston to Ottawa, and in a beautiful region blessed with an abundance of attractions that will enliven your visit, no matter what time of year. Come find out all that awaits you here during your stay!
Unwind, re-energize, and reconnect with yourself in this relaxing haven with a range of services with our highly qualified team devoted to appeasing your tensions. Restore your vitality, balance, and well-being with energy medicine, massage, and yoga.
EXPLORE THE AREA
- Enjoy the country fresh air and soak in the area’s natural beauty as you walk, run, hike, cycle, snowshoe, or cross-country ski on one of the many trails in the area: Foley Mountain Conservation Area – Rideau Trail – Cataraqui Trail – Murphy’s Point, Frontenac, and Charleston Lake Provincial Parks.
- Explore the Newboro Lake and do a bit of fishing on a boat, canoe, or kayak.
- Soak up some sun and swim at local beaches, located on only 10 minutes away by car (Westport, Foley Mountain Conservation Area, Murphy’s Point Provincial Park, Otter Lake (Sandy Beach), Silver Lake Provincial Park).
- Visit nearby locks and lockmaster houses along the scenic Rideau Canal Waterway.
- Golf on scenic golf courses at Rideau Lakes Golf and Country Club* (5 km), Lyndway Hills Golf Club (24 km), Lombard Glen Golf Club (32 km), Mapleview Golf and Country Club (33 km), and Cedar Valley Golf and Country Club* (45 km)
golf courses marked with a * are particularly well rated.
- Shop for hours at the famous Kilborn’s on the Rideau department store, only 300 meters away.
- Shop in the beautiful village of Westport.
- Enjoy breathtaking scenic views while motorcycling or driving on beautiful backroads winding around numerous lakes in the Rideau Lakes region.
- Attend festivals, such as the Cycling Tour (in June), Rideau Lakes Studio and Garden Tours (last weekend of June), Runs (August and September), and Music concerts (throughout summer).
- Tour the 1000 Islands at Gananoque, just a 45 minutes drive from Daffodil Acres
- Stage Coach Inn in Newboro
- Tangled Garden Café in Westport
(many of our vegetarian and vegan guests have found good meal options there)
- Opinicon Resort Pub & Restaurant at Chaffey’s Lock
(many of our vegetarian and vegan guests have found good meal options there – please advise the resort in advance while making your reservation)
- The Cove Country Inn in Westport
- Stirling Lodge in Newboro