See & Do
Daffodil Acres is located right next to the 202-kilometre-long Rideau Canal, a UNESCO world heritage Site linking Kingston to Ottawa, and in a beautiful region blessed with an abundance of attractions that will enliven your visit, no matter what time of year. Come find out all that awaits you here during your stay!
EXPLORE THE AREA
- Enjoy the country fresh air and soak in the area’s natural beauty as you walk, run, hike, cycle, snowshoe, or cross-country ski on one of the many trails in the area:
– Foley Mountain Conservation Area
– Rideau Trail
– Cataraqui Trail
– Frontenac, Charleston Lake, and Murphy’s Point Provincial Parks
– or embark on a self-guided walking tour to explore the heritage and architecture of several of Rideau Lakes’ villages (Newboro, Portland, Chaffey’s Lock, Elgin).
- Explore Newboro Lake and adjoining lakes on a cruise with Rideau Tours or by yourself on a canoe, kayak, or paddle board (available for rent at Rideau Tours).
- Explore Newboro Lake and adjoining lakes or discover the pleasure of fishing by yourself or with a local guide – many boat rental options to choose from:
– Daffodil Acres
– Norris’s Bait/Tackle & Hunting Center (Westport)
– Bayview Yacht Harbour Ltd and Len’s Cove Marina (Portland)
– Brown’s Marina (Chaffey’s Lock)
- Soak up some sun and swim at local beaches, located only 10 minutes away by car:
– Westport Sand Lake Beach (Lion’s Hall, 52 County Road 36)
– Murphy’s Point Provincial Park
– Otter Lake (Sandy Beach)
– Silver Lake Provincial Park
- Visit nearby locks and lockmaster houses along the scenic Rideau Canal Waterway.
- Golf on scenic golf courses:
– Rideau Lakes Golf and Country Club* in Westport (5 km)
– Evergreen Golf Course* in Westport (16 km)
– Lyndway Hills Golf Club (24 km)
– Lombard Glen Golf Club (32 km)
– Mapleview Golf and Country Club* in Perth (33 km)
– Blue Heron Golf Club* (40 km)
– Cedar Valley Golf and Country Club* (45 km)
(golf courses marked with a * are particularly well rated.)
- Shop for hours at the famous Kilborn’s on the Rideau department store, only 300 meters away.
- Shop in the beautiful village of Westport.
- Take a cooking class with local chefs at Furnace Falls Farm in Lyndhurst.
- Enjoy breathtaking scenic views while motorcycling or driving on beautiful backroads winding around numerous lakes in the Rideau Lakes region.
- Attend festivals, such as the Cycling Tour (in June), Rideau Lakes Studio and Garden Tours (last weekend of June), Runs (August and September), and Music concerts (throughout summer).
- Tour the 1000 Islands at Gananoque and the City of Kingston, just a 45-minute drive from Daffodil Acres.
- Scheuermann Vineyard & Winery (delicious wood fire pizza)
- Tangled Garden Café
- The Cove Country Inn (often with live music)
- The Country Kitchen (breakfast & lunch, open until 2 p.m.)
- Furnace Falls Farm (weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly dinners – reservation well in advance is highly recommended)
Unwind, re-energize, and reconnect with yourself in this relaxing haven with a range of services with our highly qualified team devoted to appeasing your tensions. Restore your vitality, balance, and well-being with energy medicine, massage, and yoga.